Sunday, April 12, 2009

Can anyone tell me what kind of Clematis I have??

I bought it last summer late and it only grew about 2 inchs. This summer however it has taken over the arbor (yeah!) but it%26#039;s odd. Lots and lots of green and little tiny purple flowers with yellow centers and I notice there are little green looking %26#039;berries%26#039; growing on it. I remember the package showing me a pink verigated large headed Clematis (Nelly Moser ) and so far this looks nothing like it. The leaves are the same as my other Clematis (also Nelly Mosers) but the flowers on this one....weird. I can%26#039;t place what they are. They seem to be hanging kind of like lily of the valley or bluebells do. They were grown from a bulb start, not seed. Anyhelp on the ID would be great!! Thanks!!

Can anyone tell me what kind of Clematis I have??
Not sure, but there%26#039;s always a possibility that your Nelly Moser somehow got cross-pollinated with another flower nearby. Not sure what you mean by these plants growing from a bulb start, Clematis grows from seeds. Try this link to help identify your plants:


http://www.gardenaction.co.uk/plantfinde...


Use the links to the left to see each plants individual photo.
Reply:Great description, but wish you had a pic.. I would carry it to my old boss, mentor, horticultorist friend, and maybe get some help for you. Sounds pretty, tho.




commericial loan

No comments:

Post a Comment