Sunday, April 12, 2009

I hope my poem helps some for the Virginia Tech victims?

More Flower Orders





They want tulips, roses,


lily of the valley.


They%26#039;re ordering carnations


and daisies, chrysanthemums too.


I gotta get them there-they need them,


to cover up the grief-


they say it%26#039;ll be none too soon.


They want sweet william,


to sweeten the pain


that only yesterday wasn%26#039;t there


They want asters, they want mums-


they want forget-me-nots, and orchids


oh please will it help this despair?


I%26#039;ll get in my truck


and deliver the goods


these flowers to lay on the lawn


and as I do,


I%26#039;ll certainly pray


for a griefless, flowerless dawn.

I hope my poem helps some for the Virginia Tech victims?
I think it%26#039;s beautiful. Thank you.
Reply:The last two lines are very powerful. Very true.



affiliate

No comments:

Post a Comment